Cameron Wigmore, Green Party Member: 2007 here I come!!!

January 1, 2007

2007 here I come!!!

Last night I ended up at a new year's eve party at a local restaurant and had a blast. One of the owners of this newly redone restaurant/bar was interested in what I did with the Green Party and we had a great discussion about community involvement and support, among other things. I'm hoping to play a show there in the next few months as a Green Party fundraiser.

So there I was at 11:30, a half hour away from 2007, and someone said, 'it sure has been a quiet holiday season. Not much news.' I asked if maybe they were just far away from the television, spending time with family instead, because there sure has been a lot going on. So for the next ten minutes I tried to yell over the music to share the news stories that stuck in my mind over the last week.

James Brown died on Christmas day. Saddam Hussein was killed. The Conservative party screwed up their books and their declared donations were off by hundreds of thousands of dollars. In (what I'm not too sure is) a completely unrelated story, the head of Elections Canada resigned. A chunk of ice in northern Canada the size of 11,000 football fields broke off in August '05, but was only discovered in the last week of '06. This was some of what happened during our final quiet week of 2006.

There have been some great comments on these stories throughout the blogosphere and I enjoyed surfing through as many as I could before passing out due to extreme Turkey consumption. Actually, with the time available to me over the holidays I put some of my Green Party work on hold and enjoyed focusing on improving this blog and visiting other blogs. I'm hoping to increase the frequency of my posts here in the future. Not a new year's resolution, but a goal. Meanwhile I'm back to work with federal council business, committee work, EDA organization and the like.

Oh yeah, and an island was swallowed up by the sea.

No comments: